Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Aug 24, 2018

Update: It's been almost a month and Carefree of Colorado has failed to contact me about this issue. I have turned the company over to the Better Business of Colorado and they have failed to respond to the complaint. Stay away from this product.

Original review posted by user Jul 30, 2018

We have a new 2018 5th wheel with Carefree of Colorado awnings. We had the trailer less than 2 months (3rd time out with the trailer), when the awning arms failed. We did have rain, but nothing that should have caused damage or alarm. All the trailers around us had their awning out and not one other trailer had any issues.

The self-dumping awning failed to dump the water that was on the awning and the one arm snapped like a twig, causing the other arm to twist and the whole awning system to come down.

I called the dealer, General RV of Birch Run, MI and was told I would have to put a claim into my insurance company. Awnings are not covered under the warranty.

I called Carefree of Colorado and tried to explain to the rep that the arm snapped like a twig and I truly believe the arm to be defective. We kept all the arms and have pictures to back us up. I was told the awnings and arms are not warrantied for wind, snow, sleet, rain, hail, and sun. Uhhh, what good are they then? I also wonder why and how they can deem it the rv owners problem without asking me to send the arm that snapped back to their company so they could investigate the defective metal.

It ended up costing us $778 for new arms.

I am simply amazed at Carefree of Colorado's inability to provide a product

worthy of being marketed to the public. These awning arms are pure junk and made with inferior materials that the company will not stand behind.

I am going to contact Colorado's Better Business Bureau and place a complaint.

Don't waste your money on these awnings.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carefree Of Colorado Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Indifference and poor customer service, Warranty claims not supported, Failure to honor warranty, Sevice contact.

• Carfree Of Colorado Review

Comments

Contacted by Better Business Bureau of Colorado. Carefree Awnings has failed to communicate with them after 2 attempts by BBB. Not only is their equipment junk, they have a staff that is unsupportive.

I had mine snap twice and I have only owned the camper 18 months. Carefree awnings are junk.

to Anonymous #1551557

I'm thinking that if we can get enough people complaining or reporting about these junk awnings, maybe we can start a class action suit against the company? Thought, anyone?